Our firm offers the highly effective representation people need when they are facing difficult family law issues such as:
Divorce — A divorce is more than the end of a marriage; it is a roadmap to the future you want to build. We can help you make the most of it.
Child custody and visitation — When each aspect of your children’s future is going to be affected by the determination of their custody and visitation, you need a lawyer who can help you with this major decision-making process.
Child support — Appropriate child support is essential for the financial stability necessary to care for children’s needs. Our attorneys know the law and how to apply the financial expertise to your advantage.
Spousal support — We can help you build the strong case you need regarding spousal support.
Separation agreements — When you want to retain a greater degree of control over issues that would otherwise be decided by a judge during your divorce, we can help you negotiate a separation agreement that serves your needs.
- Equitable distribution — The proper division of the marital estate can be critical in providing the financial stability people need as they establish their new households.
- Mediation — Not all family law matters are best resolved in the courts. Mediation offers financial savings, more timely resolutions and a greater degree of control than working through the courts.
- Stepparent adoption — When a stepparent wants to secure legal recognition of the bond that has grown between themselves and their stepchild, we can assist with the adoption process.
- Prenuptial agreements — Prenuptial agreements offer a degree of certainty regarding assets and other issues that many people welcome as they are entering a new marriage.
- Domestic violence — When violence is a part of your home life, we can help you secure a protective order to help you begin resolving the situation.
More Than A Century Of Combined Experience In Family Law Matters
At Miller, Earle & Shanks, PLLC, J. Burns Earle III leads our family law section. Mr. Earle and his team offer our clients highly skilled and experienced legal representation that is prepared to effectively advocate for them, no matter how complex or difficult the situation.
Divorce Attorneys In Harrisonburg And Across Virginia
Creating the resolutions our clients need is our mission. If you are facing divorce or some other family law matter, we invite you to discuss your situation with us. To schedule a free initial consultation (for personal injury only) with one of our experienced family law attorneys, call 540-564-1555, or contact us online.
Miller, Earle & Shanks, PLLC, offers free 30-minute consultations for all active and reserve military personnel. Contact our office today to schedule a consultation.